perjantai 6. lokakuuta 2017

Sunday, Monday, happy day

What's your favorite day of the week? I guess most of us would say Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Personally, I have noticed that my favorite day of the week actually changes. When I was living in South Korea, Sunday was my absolute favorite. It was my only actual day off, because on Saturdays I went to study Korean language. The school was located at the opposite end of the subway line so it took me almost an hour to commute there, then the lessons and then back home. So come Sunday I was just happy to do nothing, or maybe go for a lunch or do some shopping.

In Poland I loved Friday evenings and Saturdays. The entire weekend was just about to begin, my time to unwind and forget about the office. Sundays were actually terrifying, because Sunday is, as we all know, all too often followed by Monday. And Monday has never been my favorite and most likely will never be.

In Ireland I loved Thursdays, don't ask why. It seemed to be an Irish habit to start the weekend on Thursday, a nation that is chronically unable to wait for Friday evening. Maybe the atmosphere was catchy. Maybe. Who knows. I didn't have a favorite day of the week in Australia, most likely because for a long time I was just traveling. It doesn't matter so much whether you travel on Friday or Tuesday, it's all the same. And I don't have a favorite day here in Prague either. It will be interesting to see which one it will be. Maybe something random, like Wednesday?

OK, that's enough of the days of the week. There is another topic to discuss, namely holiday plans. I will have 8 days of leave this year and I have to start thinking where I'd like to travel. I am planning to go somewhere in November. Where is it warm in November? Maybe Israel? It would be nice to go to some really random and exotic place but maybe I am not open-minded enough to do something like that. Any recommendations, anyone?

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti