lauantai 7. lokakuuta 2017

10 things to do before 2018

Lately I've been running out of blog post ideas. I was planning to stop writing this whole thing because for some time it has felt more like a compulsory activity than voluntary and fun way to express myself. But yesterday I asked what the readers would like to read about and got some very inspiring and awesome topics, all of which I am going to write about. I was very surprised because I thought that since this blog is listed as a travel blog, people would like me to write about the attractions, holiday destinations in Czech Republic etc. But I also got many requests to write about myself. What I feel, what I think, how I see life. So I will write about myself, in the travel context. So this is a requested post. My friend gave me 10 things I need to do before 2018, and I accepted the challenge. The things I need to do are as follows:

1. Take a pet/ help to take care of someone else's pet. Well, pets are not allowed in my apartment and I don't really want a pet either, it doesn't suit my free lifestyle. But I'd love to help somebody with their pets. Preferably not dogs, though. Too bad I didn't get this challenge a couple of weeks ago when I helped my colleague to feed her cat while she was away.

2. Go on a date. Frankly, I don't want to. I am not the kind of person who enjoys dating. Dates either make me feel bored, upset or shitty about myself, or all of them and many other negative things at the same time. I've never had a dating experience that left  me feeling good in my entire 29,5 years and all that shit that comes with dating has made me lose all the interest, not that there was a lot to lose in the first place. I don't want a relationship and all my close friends have always been and will always be females, so dating is basically a waste of perfectly good time, because there's nothing I could possibly gain there.. But it's in the challenge so I have to figure out something. 

3. Read your favorite book. I used to read a lot, so I have plenty of favorite books, some of which I have read several times. I hope to go to Finland for Christmas so I can pick up one of my old favorites and read it again. Maybe it will be Cat among the Pigeons by Agatha Christie or Death in Berlin by M.M. Kaye. To put it shortly, I never read much when I'm abroad. Never made it to check the local libraries and buying books gets expensive and takes a lot of space at home.
4. Find a new friend. I totally need this. I had so many plans to be more social and try to make new friends when I moved to Prague but the truth is, I am very tired and fed up with people. All I want to do is sit alone in my own room and think. It's not very healthy, but I feel like I need solitude. Maybe it's an after-effect of Australia, being surrounded my people non-stop, living a life without any privacy. I want to be alone but I will try to go to some expat meeting and make that one new friend. 

5. Spend the new year with someone/ others. New Year's eve I will be working until midnight but maybe I can do something fun on new year's day if I'm not too tired. Last new year's eve I had to go to bed early because I had to start working at 6 a.m. the following day. It seems to me new year is not for me. But luckily there will be lunar new year and that's actually more fun than the western new year. 
Enjoying the last warm day of the summer 
6. Do something you enjoyed when you were a child. What did I enjoy doing when I was young? Something I still enjoy? Actually, this one is difficult. I keep remembering a lot of fun stuff from my early life but what did I actually do? I never was an active child. Dunno what this could be, let's see. My oldest friends, please help me remember! 

7. Write a letter to someone. We have forgotten the art of writing letters. Everything's online these days. My goddaughter had posted me a letter, a real one, but it never made it's way here but was returned to sender. How bad can the postal service be? 

8. Put this list somewhere you can see it. Done.
A plastic octopus on the river
9. Participate in a Czech aerobics/ yoga/ some other sports lesson. Does anyone know a good place for this? I'm totally in for it. I wanted to participate in yoga in the dark lesson but got too scared because they threatened to blindfold the participants. Not my genre, really. 

10. Plan a trip. I am already planning my holidays. It would be nice to go to Spain. 

So, these are the things I need to do in the following weeks and write about. Maybe I could do number 7 already today. I have plenty of time to write a letter now. The real challenge is in sending, I can never make ti to the post office before it closes. 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti