sunnuntai 15. lokakuuta 2017

How to deal with constant change

The series of requested posts continues. In this post I will try to explain how is it possible to live a life where everything is constantly changing, how to deal with the change and don't I ever miss settling down. Or something like that.

The trick here is the point of view. Even though it might look like my life is constantly changing, it certainly doesn't feel so to me. In my own opinion my life is very stagnant, the same things repeat time after time. It's like living in a cycle. Book the flight, book the accommodation, open the bank account, get a SIM card to your phone, go to the office, go to home etc. Basically, I always do the same things but in different places. It gets old very fast. What I am trying to explain is change is what you perceive as change. If you think nothing ever changes, then that's your reality. Everything's always the same.
The church in Namesti Miru. There was a light show yesterday 
I don't have an exact reason for choosing what seems to be a permanent expat/immigrant life. People are different. While many people could not imagine moving to another city let alone moving to another country, I could not imagine staying in one place forever. Where is the excitement in a life where nothing ever changes? I guess I have always been interested in how people live in other places, I want to explore different lifestyles, different cultures. When I was a child I used to dream of going to exotic places and getting to know the world. It is what I want to do with my life. 


Moving every year or so can get a bit exhausting, of course. I have to renew my social circle every time I decide to move, have to adapt to an environment that can be very different from the previous one. But life is pretty similar everywhere. You eat, you sleep, you work. It's nothing more complicated than that. I don't know if this explanation makes a lot of sense. In my head it's all very clear. Actually, finding new friends has never bothered me a lot. I'm not very social and the older I get the less I care for other people's company. I'm at the happiest when I am alone. Usually I meet a couple of new people that I can really call friends and that's enough. 

Another important reason behind my choice of lifestyle besides curiosity is boredom and the need to find happiness. I get bored very easily. I usually lose my interest towards everything within 3 months, be it a hobby, a job, studies, whatever. Nothing in me is made for long-term projects. I don't like commitments. They limit freedom. 

And then there is the happiness thing. I have never been a happy person. As I said, I get bored very easily and with that comes a feeling of dissatisfaction with everything. For sure other people's lives are more exciting. The others travel a lot more than I do, they have more interesting things happening to them and so on so forth. Moving often is my way of trying to figure out what makes me happy. This far, no success. I have the image of a perfect place in my head, a place that is warm and nice, there will be a lot of sunshine and life is very relaxed. I will have found my dream job and I will live in a nice apartment alone and still have enough money to travel a lot. I wonder if I will ever find that place? I guess not. There is the answer for the question if I ever want something permanent. Yes, if that something permanent is 100% perfect. 



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti