keskiviikko 11. lokakuuta 2017

Challenge number 7- write a letter

I started with the challenge that was easiest to do, writing a letter. When I was a kid I used to have several pen pals. I was either writing to or expecting a letter from one of them. 20 years ago it was quite a common hobby for kids. And then text messages came along, then instant messages and at least I forgot the art of writing a message without instant reply. What should I write? What will not be old news when the letter arrives, because most likely I am going to send several whats app or Facebook messages to that same person while the letter slowly makes its way to the intended mail box.

I wrote a letter to my goddaughter. She had tried to send me her painting but the letter was returned to sender for one reason or another. I had all equipment for writing a letter, paper and envelopes I bought in Japan in 2009. There weren't that many sheets in the package, maybe 8 or so. 2 of the sheets are still waiting for me to figure out how to fill them with text. As I said, it's difficult to write a message without an immediate reply.

It too k a lot of chewing the pen and pondering all the things I could write about that could possibly interest the 11 years old girl. My letter turned out to be relatively short, but you have to start somewhere, hey. After pouring my thoughts on the paper, i decided to go and send the letter at once. The thing is, I had written post cards home weeks ago but they were still on my desk, staring at me accusingly every morning. "Hey you, are you still not going to take us with you and stick us into the letter box?"

My excuse for postponing this simple task was pure laziness. I was too lazy to google where I could find a post office to buy stamps that doesn't close at 5 p.m. When I finally entered my question in Google, the answer was very surprising. Most places that sell post cards also sell stamps. So I went to a bookstore, bought stamps and more postcards to send. Even the main post office was open on Sunday and I posted my letter and post cards there. The main post office is a very impressive building, it's very beautifully decorated inside. You have to take my word for it. My phone was broken so I couldn't take any photos there.

I also completed task number 8, placing the list somewhere I can easily see it. It's on my table and I am looking forward to ticking off the tasks. I think this week I am going to do something I enjoyed when I was a child and go on a date. So, next posts will be about those tasks. I have also located a yoga studio where I can do some yoga to tick off task number 9. This challenge is very inspiring!


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti