keskiviikko 8. marraskuuta 2017

Challenge 10- plan a trip

I love travelling but quite honestly, I have never particularly enjoyed planning trips. I might say I am not very well organized, not a person who plans a lot. Also, spending that much money at once feels slightly horrifying And other selected excuses, but yes, I don't enjoy planning holiday trips and that's why  I have become excruciatingly talented at postponing booking tickets etc until the very last moment, which means I usually end up paying even more for not being in the purchase mood at the right time. But for what is remaining of 2017, I have managed to plan as many as 2 holiday trips. The second trip is less exciting, because the destination is Finland but it will be good to be home for Christmas after 2 years abroad.

My first vacation starts this Friday and next week I will be in Spain, a fact that will benefit everyone. After a couple of week's tough period at work it is good to let the organizational martyr in me relax a bit and forgot about deadlines of things and stuff. It wasn't easy choosing the destination. I had many things in mind but as my ex-roommate from Ireland lives in Madrid, I decided to go there, a chance to meet her again! Besides, does a holiday really feel like a holiday if you spend it at home? I need a break from the usual surroundings and circumstances to relax. Change of place, change of mind.

While booking the ticket I was reminded of the robbery behind cheap flights. Paying for the luggage costs pretty near the same amount as the ticket itself. That's ridiculous. Some time ago I read an article in Helsingin Sanomat about Finnair putting volunteer customers and their carry-on luggage on a scale to create statistics about the average weight of people and their belongings. The article had a reference to the average weight of Finns and as I happen to weigh almost 10kg less than the average Finnish lady, I do see it as my right to at least take that amount missing from my body weight for free on board. Supposing I need to go to KFC more often to make up for the lack of body mass.. So yes, behind this rant is the bitter realization that even Finnair has gone all cheap-y cheap and they charge extra for a suitcase. Way to go...

If it so happens that after these trips I have already planned and half executed there is some balance left on my own account I will go somewhere for New Year. Vienna doesn't sound all that bad, or some other place in Czech Republic. We will see..

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti