tiistai 21. marraskuuta 2017

Challenge 6- Do something you enjoyed when you were a kid

So, here we go, challenge number 6, do something you enjoyed when you were a kid. This one was a tricky challenge. I kept thinking and thinking. What did I do? As far as I can remember, I had a happy childhood, plenty of people around me who loved me. I played with the kids next door, I watched movies, I read books, ate too much ice cream and so on. I thought I never really had my "thing". Some of my friends were musical and played an instrument, some of them were sporty. I was nothing. I didn't have a specialty. Then I remembered I was always writing. Even before I could write myself I still wanted to write, and I used to ask my grandmother to write down my stories. I have always been telling stories (so be warned, I am telling stories here in the blog, too... but with some reality in them).
In Spain roses are still trying to bloom
I loved writing at school. I don't know how is nowadays, but during my school years we wrote quite a lot. It was part of the Finnish language lessons. Sometimes our teacher gave us a topic to write about, sometimes we could write about anything that came to our little minds. Apparently I was good at it, always got excellent grades for Finnish language and especially for my stories. I kept writing until I graduated from high school and after that pretty much lost the interest, don't know why. I guess I was busy trying to figure out what to do with my life, changed field three times before settling for business (wrong choice!) and somehow I just lost the creativity that used to flow so naturally when I was younger. Grown up life is too full of compulsory things that take too much time and energy and I didn't feel like writing anymore. Since that time I have only written very sporadically, and never finished a story. My computer is full of half-told stories. I wanted to write a full book-like story when I was in Australia and managed to edit one of the raw versions that had been waiting for something to happen to it for about 4 years. I have 95 pages ready but somehow cannot find the motivation to finish the story. I have stopped believing in it.
Not many things can beat books and wine
Long story but short, the only thing I can remember I particularly enjoyed when I was a child was to write and seems like I don't enjoy it that much anymore. But hey, I am writing this blog so even at this very moment I am doing something I enjoyed when I was a child! I don't always feel like writing anything here, and don't always have thrilling things to share with you guys but I am still writing and maybe some day I will finally finish at least one story and get it published and become filthy rich.

Just as a foot note because this is supposed to be a travel blog- chocolate Satans have arrived in your grocery store, check out the demonic selection already today! The Czech Santa figure is slightly more hard core than elsewhere. Makes even the Russian Ded Moroz look like a saint..
Merry Christmas to you, too HO HO HO 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti