sunnuntai 26. marraskuuta 2017

Challenge 4- make new friends

I heard a rumor some time ago, telling that most of the closest friendships are formed before turning twenty. At that time I thought the statement to be rather limited, but actually there might be some truth to it, too. At least I have noticed that the friends I met before I turned twenty are those I most always return to. It doesn't mean that there aren't amazing friends I have made after twenty, but they are also more likely to be on a "temporary contract" in my life. We meet, we spend some time together and then we go our separate ways. Maybe that's what happens to everyone, not just people who move every year or so, but moving often makes it more easier to lose contact. As my roommate in Australia put it when I was leaving: "I hope to see you again but if I don't, be happy and enjoy life". That's it. I had really never worried too much about not seeing anyone again, but that kind of opened my eyes. There are plenty of people I might never see again. On the other hand, there are many people I have met again, like some of my friends I met when I was an exchange student in South Korea, even though we are live in different corners of the world.

Another roommate of mine in Australia told me that after turning 30 she lost interest in pretty much everything. No job was interesting, no hobby, no man.. Nothing. We shared that. I am not 30 yet, but I fele like nothing much interests me anymore. Maybe the famous age crisis of turning thirty doesn't only come from feeling that your youth is finished and you didn't accomplish this and that, but it can also come from accomplishing everything. I feel I already did all the things I am interested in and there are no more interesting things left to do. It feels like rest of my life is going to be a boring, gray existence, where every day resembles the previous day, and the following day. Nothing new and interesting is not going to happen anymore. Maybe I shouldn't have made all my dreams come true too early.

Anyways, meeting new people is one thing I have lost interest in. Before, I was always happy to go to courses and happening and I met a lot of interesting people there. They might have stayed in my life for only a while but I was happy I met them. Now I don't care. Every job, every city is just a temporary solution for me, so I don't feel like wasting my time in meeting people, because I am going to leave anyway. It's easy and fun for me to spend most of my time alone and I can meet my friends when I go to Finland or any other country wherever they are living. I have never been social or interested in people in general, but the past year has been kind of an achievement in that field.

However, I have tried to expand my social network. I went to a free Czech class and enrolled to a Spanish course and the hidden agenda was also to meet new people. Let's see if I manage to make at least one friend. Most of the people I know are through work, it would be nice to have non-work-related people in my life, too.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti