perjantai 22. heinäkuuta 2016

Your life is a joke

Yesterday was a remarkable day indeed. I reached the state of enlightenment. It all started with a seemingly small, even unremarkable event. I saw a huge-huge spider sitting (or whatever it is they do) on a coffee cup. I went to complain to my employer about its presence, so she came to see it and said it's looking for a nest for herself. A nest, repeated the echo inside my head, reaching a high, hysteric tone. Well, that was alarming. So the satanic thing is going to be a permanent feature in my mornings?

Looks like a paradise, yes? But what was there in a paradise? Oh yes, a snake..
And that was the exact moment of my enlightenment. Buddhists were only partially right when they discovered that life is suffering. Well, it can be, but mainly it is just a joke. We all know the ill-natured, mean practical jokes and pranks some mean and ill-natured people play on their poor victims. Hahaha everyone laughs except for the butt of the joke. That's exactly how I felt. Oh that girl is afraid of spiders? Let us place an enormous specimen right here, so she'll see it in a minute and we are all going to have such a good time on her expense. Ho ho Ho! Oh, she is not laughing? No sense of humor, duh.

After the spider incident I felt angry for the remainder of the day and decided that I have seen enough of rural Australia. I'll leave this place after a couple of weeks and I will never ever set my foot again in a place where there's nature creeping in through doors and windows, because it just makes me feel anxious. It's tiring to be scared all the time, anticipating the appearance of the next monster. And Aussies are less than helpful, being so used to their horrid insects that they don't even want to kill them because they are useful. Useful, my ass. Who knows, maybe cockroaches are useful, too, but they are murdered en masse everywhere. Flying foxes are useful, but still the cute, dog-faced things are mercilessly killed just because they are flying foxes.

Without the nature aspect to it, this place would be a very lovely experience. People are nice, friendly and treat us well. The views are spectacular. Unfortunately I have no more photos to upload here. I've been working in the kitchen and after I'm done with the duties there, I haven't had enough energy or courage to go outside and take photos. The moral of the lesson here has probably been the fact that I've noticed that I'm a city person, after all. Sterile, closed spaces indoors where everything can be controlled by pushing buttons are for me. Wild, uncontrollable outdoorsy spaces I will, with pleasure, leave for those of us who are not fainthearted.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti