keskiviikko 6. heinäkuuta 2016

Into the wild

"Don't step on that poisonous frog"
"Well well, there is a venomous snake right there"
"No don't walk through the spider web"
"Look at that, the kangaroos are on the field again"
"Did you see the gecko on the window?"

Kangaroos are the most pleasant animals around here-and no, hairy ugly spiders are so not going to decorate my blog
Once again we are in the middle of the terrible Australian nature. We've been staying one week at a farm. The only truly unpleasant thing I've seen this far was a 10 centimeter spider on the shower cubicle window. Luckily it was outside but still I felt like we had a staring competition while I tried to wash myself. Anna removed the spider in the evening with a broom but I'm still afraid the damn thing is going to re-appear next week, if for nothing else but to seek revenge for his bad treatment.

Trying to keep fit is easy, just walk up and down the hills
We asked our boss how we'll recognize a venomous snake and he said "well, if you see a snake it's venomous". Spiders apparently aren't but I still think the world would be a much nicer place without them.

Despite all our promises to ourselves, we are back to weeding and mulching. It seems like these gardening jobs are following us everywhere. Anyways, I though to write about our free time. Now when we only work some 5-6 hours a day we have a lot of free time to concentrate on what's important. In the middle of nowhere it might seem to be difficult to find something to do but actually it isn't.
Clear sky on a winter day
First of all I have time for the blog, as long as I've got something to write about and am feeling motivated about it. The days are all similar here so there's nothing much to write about, though.. We go for walks and are planning to add yoga to our schedule sometime soon. And finally I've got all the time I need for reading books and studying languages. We bought an interesting book at the Saturday market. If we return it within 6 months, we'll get some of our initial investment (5 dollars) back.

I'm planning my first book "Anna and the sugar cane" Loosely based on the old story Jack and the beanstalk. 
I'm planning to write a book but at the moment I'm absolutely too lazy to take the project seriously. Lucky me for having 10 more months left in Australia.I might surprise myself and actually get it all on the paper. But at the moment I'm just too happy to enjoy the idleness of my Australian life, because I'm not likely to apply for the second year visa (I might write about this later on) . Anyway time flies even if you've got little to do and we are tired in the evening even if we didn't do anything. Falling asleep is easy when a choir poisonous frogs and grasshoppers is singing a lullaby.
Sun sets, nocturnal creatures crawl out of their nests and the girls go to sleep

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti