maanantai 18. heinäkuuta 2016

Rich boyfriend

Well, that's it. The solution to all the problems, at least according to Australian men. Almost every single Aussie geezer has been under the assumption that all the female backpacker are fresh graduates shamelessly exploiting daddy's credit card (n.b. daddy's credit card, since mum is as useless as the daughter, she never made any money of her own) to run around the world. Female backpackers are constantly running out of money and are probably a bit retarded, too, so they need someone to look after them 24/7 because, quite simply, they can't manage on their own. All in all, it is highly likely that the desperate daddy sent the girl to the other side of the world hoping that she would finally do one thing right and snare A RICH MAN.

I found something better than a rich man
People seem genuinely surprised when they hear that Anna and I have actually worked and saved money for this trip. What the heck, a woman can earn money, never thought this day would come.. I don't know if I should laugh or cry and I definitely don't know who's the dimwit in this story. It could be me because I went to school instead of marrying a rich man and living in luxury happily ever after. It could be those guys who have lived to quite an advanced age and never understood that not every woman needs or wants a man to provide for her. Just last week I found a 2 dollar coin all by myself, I know how to look after myself! (In addition I will need to warn you, young girls, a rich man might be the solution for one particular problem but he's also a potential source of a million problems you never had before.)

I get it, our trip is an easy way to start a conversation and I'm sure some people are interested in the financial side of our journey, too. And the Australians don't necessarily know that Finnish parents are not in the habit of sponsoring their grown up kid's expensive trips abroad. Having said that, I still get annoyed when I hear all this nonsense about rich father and boyfriend. It's like a broken record playing the same track non-stop. Selling my freedom and being financially dependent on someone? Not for all the money in Swiss Bank. Well, talking about money, maybe all the money in Swiss bank would be enough, I just wanted to make the point clear. (The point being, freedom is more important than money.)

What went wrong here? Why weren't these stone age attitudes and gender roles left behind when stone age ended? It was in the news not long ago that a certain species of monkey have entered stone age. Beware, Australian men, the monkeys are soon going to be the more developed species and they'll steal your jobs and women (well, at least the ones who can't run fast enough).

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti