perjantai 6. tammikuuta 2017

Wine, cheese chocolate and vodka is what little girls are made of

To celebrate my holidays I booked a wine, cheese chocolate and organic vodka tour to Hunter Valley. Visiting the wine region has been on my list for ages, because when Anna and I retire we will buy a vineyard in France and live happily ever after, being tipsy from dawn till dusk. OK, let's move on..

The world is such a small place, when I boarded the bus I immediately noticed that there are two Finnish couples on the same tour. I introduced myself (the compulsory other Finn on this tour). It takes about two hours to drive to Hunter region from Sydney, including a 15 minutes coffee break. It's so lovely and green outside of the city, I had already forgotten there are more earthy, natural colors than the flashing neon lights of the sex stores and girl houses of our street.
So beautiful- my image of a perfect place
The tour took us to three wineries, one chocolate store and one vodka distillery. We also got to taste really nice cheeses. I learned that men have better palates than women and the taste in wines changes when we age. What tastes good when you are twenty starts to taste like battery acid when you are thirty. Among the Finnish group we were secretly proud of not pouring any tastings to the bucket but drank everything with gusto. OK, I am a bad Finn as everyone knows so I skipped a couple of tastings in the fear of it affecting me too much as I don't hold alcohol well (unlike most Finns).
End products displayed
I really recommend the wine tour for everyone who is interested in wines. The only thing I missed was more chocolate tastings, four pieces of chocolate does not a tasting make, I want at least ten. Lunch was included in the price, it would be too risky to just give people alcohol and nothing to eat. I still felt a bit sorry for my liver after lunch when we started the vodka tastings, though. On the way home I sobered up but then I decided to continue drinking the fermented berry juice cause I happened to have a bottle on my table..

Vodka distillery

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti