sunnuntai 10. syyskuuta 2017

The weekend

The lazy-ass blogger has been too busy doing nothing to write anything lately. It's time to remedy that and write something about nothing.. I think in my last post I was boasting my decision to do something at least 4 days a week. Well.. I'll take that back. Blame it on the lack of imagination but it's terribly difficult to find so much interesting stuff to do. And besides, I'm so bad at finding places that I cannot go too far off the beaten track, otherwise I will end up somewhere in the woods of Moravia before I even notice.. OK; end of excuses. I have still done something. I have gone shopping, as usual.

Today I went for an open-air brunch despite the freezing weather, and on my way back home I happened upon an interesting second hand store, which proved to be fatal. I had a beautiful image in my mind of not buying anything before Christmas (I am probably going to Finland for Christmas so I could bring more clothes at the same time) but that idea disappeared quite quickly. I bought new skirts to look hot professional in the office and debated on weather or not to buy some shirts and dresses as well, but then I remembered I want to visit Vienna and Budapest, so better save some money! 

After the second hand store episode I went to an Asian groceries store, planning to buy rice paper, rice noodles, some spices, some fish, some soy sauce ans plenty of other things but ended up buying nothing because the place didn't accept card payments and I didn't have cash. And of course there was absolutely no ATM nearby, so I gave up and went to a bookstore instead. Luckily I couldn't find anything interesting there. 

Here is a thousand dollar hint for the ones of you who are planning a shopping holiday in Prague. Don't even dream of finding amazingly cheap clothes. No. Sometimes when I check the price tag, the thing is actually cheaper in euros. Generally speaking the prices for clothes are pretty much the same as elsewhere in Europe. Even H&M is expensive here. I'm shocked to think it was the only place where I was able to afford buying clothes when I was living in Australia!

This week I might go and try studying some Czech, there are free Czech lessons in a tea house close to my place (well, you are supposed to tip the teacher, so "free" depends on how you define "free"). And the next weekend I will visit "little Vietnam" and buy f*ck loads of Vietnamese groceries there. So, maybe the next post will be about that. 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti