maanantai 18. syyskuuta 2017

Say no to internet

The latest update on the very interesting shit eye story, the eye doesn't show any signs of healing and I am totally losing all hope of a fully healthy eye. I've had the viral infection since February. Now I am working on computer for 8 hours a day, so the eye gets very tired and drier than Sahara during the day. Generally I try to avoid spending the entire evening surfing the net to let the eye rest a bit. This decision resulted in an unexpected problem. Since surfing the net seems to be my only hobby, I suddenly have more than enough free time on my hands and I don't actually know what to do with it. I wanted to enroll for a language course but I have to wait until I receive my first full salary. I wanted to also enroll to a yoga class but the above-mentioned excuse is still valid. Have to wait for some funds to magically appear to my account. I could read a normal book, it doesn't make the eye too cranky but I as I already mentioned, before I can buy more books I have to wait for salary. Dunno if the libraries have a lot of English books, maybe I should check their inventories. 
Devilish ice cream
So, after this somewhat long prelude, I have found some kind of solution to fill my free time. I have started cooking. Me, who absolutely hated cooking. But cooking is rather time consuming and because I cannot stare the computer screen as much as I used to, I might as well use that time to do something a bit more useful than reading random articles and then quoting them in every possible occasion. So, I cook a lot. All kind of stuff. 

What to do in the weekends then? I am tempted to spend at least 8 hours on computer but it's not good for the eye. So I walk. The past two weekends I've been walking around kilometer after kilometer trying to kill time. I have also seen a lot of Prague. Last Saturday I went to the Mexican independence day festival, then to an Asian market to buy some groceries and finally to a flea market to find some warm clothes. It's getting terribly cold here, and all my warm clothes are in Finland. It's too expensive to ship them here so I might just buy some new ones. Btw it's so cold here that last night I actually dreamed of buying a very thick blanket. It's freezing indoors, too. So, that's all the news I wanted to share with you. I do realize that the sick eye terrorizes my thoughts. I should find some other topic to dwell on but believe me, if your eye is sick for months and you can actually feel the difference between the sick eye and the healthy eye every minute you are awake and sometimes in your sleep, too, you will dwell on that, too. Take my word for it. 


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti