sunnuntai 13. marraskuuta 2016

Success is a Chronic Condition

I was about to give up on this entire adventure. I disliked my life in Sydney and everything seemed hopeless until one day I received a phone call from an employment agency I had contacted weeks back. They offered me an one-day assignment at the airport the next Tuesday. I accepted, of course. When I was there at the airport, considering booking my flight back to Europe, my present company called me and asked if I could come for an interview the next day.


So I went to the interview on Wednesday and it turned out I had actually come for a training. I got the job and started there the next Monday. And a couple of days ago the agency I already mentioned before contacted me again and offered me some shifts during New Year's season. All in all, in Australia you'll never know when your luck will change. You never know what kind of opportunities are waiting just around the corner. Anna and I are chronically good at making money, we usually find jobs quite easily, so at the beginning we were a bit depressed, sad and puzzled because no one seemed to need us.

By the way, ”can you come for an interview” in Australia can mean many things that have nothing to do with the traditional job interview. When I was invited for in interview for the cleaning job, their only question was if I could start the next day. The same thing happened with my current job. The interview turned out to be a training. I was half an hour late for the interview and I still got the job. It doesn't matter so much here. If you are half an hour late for the interview in Finland you can kiss goodbye to the job. It tells something about your motivation if you can't even bother to find out how to get to the right place on time.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti