tiistai 1. elokuuta 2017

What's up

I was planning to write about Finland but somehow I couldn't find the interest towards the topic. Now I am going to move to Czech Republic and the Daily Immigrant is going to concentrate on my experiences there, but I am also planning to start writing a separate blog about Finland, maybe on some other platform. More about that later.


Today I was trying to prepare a report on my medical history for initial health check before the work begins. As a matter of fact, it was impossible to arrange the medical check to actually take place before the start date. That made me think of the possibility to forge my medical report as I don't actually have a recent one, moreover I don't even know what kind of document that would be. Most of my visits to GP have been abroad for the past year and accessing the information would be quite difficult. So I logged in to our new online account where all the recent medical data is stored. I copied it to a nice-looking template and translated it into English myself. This forgery and falsifying of data took me the better part of an hour, then I finally went to library to print my report of which I was extremely proud. And shortly after that I got a message from my company explaining that the report is not necessary, I just need to explain my medical history to GP during my appointment. tough luck! But it was a really nice fake report..

Australia has really changed me a lot. Never before would it have occurred to me to prepare my medical report myself. I would have asked the health center to provide it and then paid myself sick for translating it. Also, I am moving in a couple of week's time but I haven't even started to look for an apartment or anything like that. Plenty of time later, huh? One of the goals I wanted to accomplish in Australia was to become more relaxed and worry less. Apparently I met the goal, easily.


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti