sunnuntai 20. elokuuta 2017

The first week in Prague

The first week was full of all kind of official things. I rented a room but can only move in in the beginning of September, so I am stuck in the hostel at the moment. How could I ever live in a hostel for a year in Australia? It's been only a week and I am so tired already. The others are here on a holiday, they like to go out to party, they come in late and don't even try to keep the noise level to a minimum. Two more weeks and I can finally move to that room of mine. I already wrote a list of things I want/ need to buy in Ikea to make the place look like home.

In addition to renting a room I've also successfully obtained my criminal record Supreme Court. It is mandatory to submit the report when starting a new job. Also, I went to a medical check where I was declared to be healthy enough to work The only thing amiss with me was blood pressure.. No wonder.

Bank account has also been taken care of, only substantial amount of money is missing.. My new debit card has also arrived already, it's a pretty gold-colored thing with some sort of lion on it. It looks like a card of a wealthy person! 

The only thing that remains on the to-do list is registering at the Foreign Police office. There is some controversial information about the necessity of such procedure. The rumor has it that many people from the EU area don't actually register. It's unlikely that somebody will ask about it anyway. But on the other hand it is still a requirement..

There are no photos yet, I've been so busy running from one office to the other that I haven't had time to appreciate the beauty of this city. I hope the next post will contain more visual aids for you ;)




Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti