tiistai 27. joulukuuta 2016

If I could fly- travel plans

..see the world through my eyes, 
would not stumble nor fail, 
I could ravage my jail
(Helloween- if I could fly)

Anna and I are constantly developing new travel plans and I want to share them with you, too. Sometimes writing things down makes them feel more concrete, like real plans. So maybe writing these plans down will help us to make our dreams come true in the near future.

1. Asia: Vietnam and Thailand. I want to return home via Vietnam and Thailand. Especially Vietnam interests me greatly. In January I will begin studying Vietnamese in a language school here in Sydney! Naturally Thailand is also very interesting but at the moment nothing beats Vietnam.

2. New Zealand. I have the option to apply for a working holiday visa until the age of 35 so I'm not in a hurry yet. Nevertheless, it would be nice to go there maybe after a year in Europe. The idea is to just travel around for a couple of months but in case I run out of cash it's handy to have working holiday visa so I can make more money in a honorable and legal way.
Luckily Chinatown is near
3. Trans-Siberian railway from Beijing to Moscow via Mongolia. I keep repeating this idea to my travel mate, it would be such an epic return of the prodigal daughter. After traveling around for a year it is necessary to return home slowly so that the body and mind have time to adapt to the idea. Even my father suggested coming home through Siberia so at least once I have the blessing of 50% of my family members.

4. A bus trip through South America without any set itinerary. Just go with the flow.

5. California here I come. I absolutely need to go to US. It would be great to travel through USA from east to west. In such a big country there are many things to see.

6. India. The exotic, charming India. Especially Punjab is interesting.

7. Spain. Next summer I will go to Spain because there's something I need to do there.

8. And from Spain I'll continue to Greece.

9. Israel. Anna always tells me Israel is a great place to visit so I'll need to go there and check for myself.
Jewish wisdom in Sydney Jewish Museum
10. Åland. Laugh all you can but I've never been to Åland and the chances are you've never heard of it. (It's an autonomous region, an archipelago between Sweden and Finland. BTW I've never been to Lapland either but that's OK, I don't even want to go there.) I'm lucky to have ex-colleagues everywhere so maybe Åland it is next summer. :) 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti