perjantai 23. joulukuuta 2016

Christmas is coming

This week was very busy at work, I didn't even have time to write a blog post. In the morning I went to work, stayed there for ten hours, came back, ate dinner, slept and the next morning repeated the exercise. So if it so happened that you missed me at least a bit, here's the explanation why there wasn't a post earlier.

My head is still too tired to try to produce a post with something clever to say but I wanted to write something. This week I realized that I'm just complaining about Australia all the time, and all I do is whine about my miserable life. The past weeks I have been stressed for countless reasons, I've been crying so much that my roommates probably think I'm a lunatic who should be sent to asylum. My co-workers think I'm not quite right in the head, because sometimes I cry at work too, when the sheets don't go neatly in the ironing machine.

Our Christmas tree
However today when I went to buy a new lunchbox in Smart Dollar store I saw a bag that proclaimed "I love Australia more than ever" and understood that yes, it's true. I am exactly where I want to be, where I have to be and where I need to be. I'm happy I came here and stayed despite the problematic beginning. I have a lovely family here and the best job ever. Even the weather is good most of the time.

And then about Christmas. I have never liked Christmas much, I don't like how people get all fussy and stressed trying to organize the best Christmas ever and then complain how they have to work so hard for the holidays and how tiring it is. Come on, the feeling of have to is inside the head. No law states that everyone must prepare for the festive season from the beginning of November. And I don't like the commercial Christmas. What's the point of buying lots of things no one actually needs? It's difficult to be on good mood when the world is drowning in plastic and gift wrapping paper. The best thing about Christmas is spending time with the loved ones but my family is too far and it makes me sad. Luckily I have my Anna here and now I'll have a two weeks holiday during which time I will use as much money as I want to and do all the tourist things I thought I wouldn't have the opportunity to do. I wanna go to Hard Rock Cafe, Sydney Tower and maybe even book a wine tasting tour.

Merry Christmas, be happy and love the people around you!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti