keskiviikko 3. elokuuta 2016

Goodbye to creepy horrors

It's time to return to Cairns. I can't even begin to explain how relieved I feel to leave the spider-infested jungle behind but on the other hand Anna will be staying here for a little while. What am I going to do without her? We've been on the road together for almost 3 months now, we complete each other's sentences and do all the daily chores together.

How will I manage cooking and eating alone? How can I speak only for myself? Who am I going to have a cup of coffee and a conversation with? And how am I going to pass the time while waiting for her return to Cairns? It feels like a divorce! And more importantly, who's going to show their love by removing all the insects from my way? To quote Anna: "I'm trying to remove all the spiders but there are too many." Well, I can't really blame her, no one could remove all the spiders in a rain forest.

Luckily I've been productive and developed a daily schedule for my lonely stay in Cairns. Maybe I'll also check the job market. Anyway we'll be traveling to south soon enough, this separation is just temporary!

A cassowary
By the way, life hasn't been only suffering here. I got to see a cassowary and we've been to a nice cafe and what else. The job was easy and I actually liked working as a kitchen hand and people were lovely. I had time for my various projects, so all in all I'm happy I went to live in the rain forest but I'm also happy to leave.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti