perjantai 20. toukokuuta 2016

Stress work hour

Probably the title doesn't make any sense, it's a word that we came up with to describe the time you spend on planning and contemplating doing something that could be easily done in 15 minutes or less. So, if you spend 2 hours fretting over doing something simple, the amount of your stress work hours is 2. Easy! Because everyone knows that you get stressed when you know you should do something but you don't do it. Unfinished business is the greatest cause of stress. Some examples will follow.

Paying your bills. It's easy, just log in to your online bank, enter payment details and accept. My credit card bill is electronic, no need to enter payment details, I just need to accept the bill. Still, I have managed to avoid this simple task for a week and because the due date is in June I can imagine this particular bill will cause me stress for weeks to come.
My poor luggage, they always say it's too fat
Writing an Australian style CV. (Cultural fact: Finnish CVs should be short and go straight to the point. Apparently, Australians prefer a bit more elaborated version with more details.) We already have a CV, the only thing left is to edit it a bit and select a sporty picture to support our lie claim of being fit, strong and extremely healthy. However, we've been able to avoid editing CV for several days now, convincing ourselves that there's no point to apply any jobs before tax file number arrives and we have Australian prepaid phones. In addition, even seeing my CV causes me nausea and shudder, so I'd rather not see it in order to preserve my psychological wholeness. What kind of world this is where a piece of paper can define your value as a person?

We applied for a volunteer work up there in the north near Sunshine Coast. Hopefully we'll get a positive response. Working for accommodation and food is fine, we could save quite a lot of money that way. It would be nice to move out of the hostel, too. This is more like an employment agency than a hostel. Everyone's just sitting here on the balcony with a laptop, dramatically sighing. Just the kind of circumstances I wanted to leave behind for a while.

The task of the day is to finally get the prepaid. I guess I'll just bin my Aldi SIM card and go visit Vodafone etc. Aldi SIM is still in its inactive status as I don't have any Australian ID with which I could have it activated. Other companies apparently only need to see my passport. Hopefully I will soon be able to give you my new Australian number. Cheers!
"Not happy with the prepaid"- face

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti