lauantai 27. toukokuuta 2017

A boring week in Bangkok

I tried and tried but couldn't muster up any interest towards Thailand. Three destinations within three weeks might have been a bit too much, I was moving from point a to point b too often, so the last week I didn't even want to see any tourist attractions anymore. I was fed up with sight-seeing.
Khao San in the evening 
The hostel I had booked in Bangkok proved to be a real shit hole. It was clean yes, the service was polite yes, but the place wasn't too professional. two relatively young brothers had established the business but they seemed more keen on partying than on the actual running of the business. They had their own party in the common area. It wasn't exactly the kind of holiday I was looking for, so I only stayed there for 2 nights only and moved to a hostel nearby. I didn't get all of my money back which made my mood even worse. My budget was limited enough even before that.

In the noisy party hostel I had a 4-bed dorm room for myself and in the new hostel I was sleeping in 12-bed dormitory and paying more for it. However, the atmosphere was much better and the room was never full. The first night a group of English teachers asked me to go out with them but I decided to stay cranky and stay at the hostel.
And so the week in Bangkok passed, on bad or sad mood. I tried to get interested in Thailand by learning some basic Thai but even that didn't help. I went to see the reclining Buddha but the temple was so crowded the visit was no pleasure. In the neighborhood there was a much smaller and less ornate temple but at least there I could be alone with my own thoughts. Anyway, I feel like the week in Thailand was wasted doing nothing. I didn't like it there and I didn't want to stay. I should have saved my money and traveled somewhere else if ever my mood will get better. Somewhere where there are no BBQ tarantulas on the menu.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti