torstai 16. heinäkuuta 2015

How to keep (fit) fed?

How to keep fit fed? You've guessed it. We are going to talk about food! Hmmm my favourite topic! But before I'll continue with the topic, I have two confessions to make. The first one is the fact that I'm no good in kitchen. My talents, althought otherwise versatile, just don't reach that far. My usefulness begins and ends with making a sandwich.

The second confession is that I'm quite afraid that people will offer me food I just can't digest. Something that looks/smells/tastes odd/bad/weird/funny and so on. So, because of these sad facts I hope you'll not use against me, I'm constantly worried I can't find any food products I'm familiar with. I love eating but what if I can't cook anything I know how to cook?

Well, this time I've been lucky. In Poland I can find similar products that are available in Finland. Sometimes the brand is same, too so it's easy to decide what to buy. Only problem left is the gas stove that inevitably burns everything I try to cook.. But anyway, I can find minced meat, milk, yogurt, fruits and vegetables etc. The only products I really miss from Finland are salmiakki and rye bread.
 
Rye bread and ham <3


 When I as living in Korea I started missing smoked salmon, a dish I did my best to avoid back home. After smoked salmon fever had passed I started missing Karelian hot pot, another dish that never made it to top 10 in Finland. And now in Poland I missed oatmeal so much that I had to go to Berlin to buy suitable oatmeal cereal. :)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti