torstai 16. heinäkuuta 2015

Bread and circuses

There's  a sky wheel here in Gdansk during summer months but I have never been inspired by it because I'm scared of heights. This summer, however, I was feeling quite brave and invigorated and decided to beat my fear 6-0 and climb into that scary thing in order to see the city from above. My colleague (who is definitely as acrophobic as I am) came along to hold my hand in case I panic during the journey upwards.

Before any important and life-changing event it is always best to seek refreshments, like waffles and coffee. BTW waffles are sold in every second food stall and they cost 2-3 euros. I can heartily recommend them to anyone whose sweet tooth is aching. It'll be the best investment of your life.

Eating so much that your belly hurts before the sky wheel experience was probably not a wise decision, but then again we are not necessarily known for wise decisions. No excuses left, we just had to buy the ticket and board the thing:

Unfortunately enough I wasn't able to take nice photos because there's always a tourist or two to bock the view but maybe this helps you to get the picture:



In the end the ride wasn't so bad but I don't think I will try it again this summer. Maybe next year.. Live and learn, cheers to the experience!


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti