maanantai 23. marraskuuta 2015

Occupation: rich

I was holidaying in Dublin about a month ago, considering my future and taking care of some errands. There, in the capital city of my new home country, I was sitting in a Starbucks, drinking my Christmas coffee (gingerbread latte) when a sudden thought struck me: I could actually include some posts about other topics than sight-seeing in my blog. At the same time, I thought of one of those other topics I'd like to write about: my future occupation.
Seeking inspiration in Temple Bar
Lately I have been extremely fed up with my own mediocrity. How is it even possible not to be good at anything or interested in nothing? A healthy person should have something in her life to be enthusiastic about. No wonder the days feel so gray and dull. What's the point of your life if everything is like Finnish summer: cold, short and gray? But then I just knew the one thing I'm good at, maybe even perfect. I would make a damn good rich.
In case I'll become rich today, I already figured out it might be a good idea to invest in arts and antiquity. These treasures can be found at National Museum. By the way, admissions free.
I wouldn't be mediocre at being rich. I could easily spend my days sitting on my ass on the peach-colored sofa in a nice living room, watching the sunset in Southern Europe through deadly expensive designer curtains. I could spend my days in shopping malls, causing my credit card to scream in pain purchasing Vuitton handbags and other girly must-haves. I could (if I'd like to) participate in charity events and dedicate my time for study of East Asian languages and cultures ( probably without any success whatsoever but it wouldn't matter as I would be rich).

My Mom always remember to remind her greedy offspring that money can't buy happiness. Of course it can't buy happiness, you silly, happiness is not a commodity. But dear reader, the more numbers you have on the account, the easier it is to survive. Think about it, seriously. Wouldn't it be nice if you didn't need to worry about rent and other living costs? If you didn't need to go to work everyday except if that's your hobby? Instead, you could have time to develop yourself and enjoy the life. Yeah, money won't bring happiness, it's only numbers on the account but the crude fact (that doesn't sit well in the protestant ideology and work ethic) is that the more numbers you have, the easier it is to survive in this capitalist world where almost everything has a price tag. Yeah.

In a park in Dublin

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti